Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Game Modifications (Mods)

<<

irokin

Post 18 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

Game Modifications (Mods)

So by now everyone will have seen the little message when you leave spawn about not using unauthorised mods. There seems to be some confusion about what this means so I thought I'd try and clear this up. It does not mean that you have to run a pure game with no modifications at all. But there are restrictions on what we allow you to run.

Modifications that are NOT allowed
Flying & Speedhack - Both of these create lag on the server which is unfair to other players.
X-ray or any mod that makes finding ore easier. Really easy for admins to catch people using this.
No Clip - Players build walls for a reason!
Any other mod that may degrade server performance by sending or receiving an unusually large amount of data.

If you are caught using these you will be banned! If an admin gives you a warning, consider yourself LUCKY and remove your unauthorised mods! Most people get instantly banned.

Modifications that ARE allowed
HD Texture packs
Better Grass
Improved Chat mod

If you're not sure I will leave this thread open so that you can ask an Admin or Moderator review that mod and add it to the list.

Login to remove these ads

<<

crusty_krow

Post 18 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

Re: Game Modifications (Mods)

how about minimap mods?
Image Image
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 18 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

that is done on your local machine and shouldn't degrade server performance or give you an unfair advantage with mining. I'd say you're good. :ipazzle:
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

irokin

Post 19 Aug 2011, 9:48 am

dale00474 wrote:that is done on your local machine and shouldn't degrade server performance or give you an unfair advantage with mining. I'd say you're good. :ipazzle:

Server performance would be my only concern. As long as its not requesting chunks beyond your current position (9x9 grid AFAIK) it should be alright. And only rendering the surface layer of course.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 19 Aug 2011, 11:26 pm

crusty_krow wrote:minimap mods?

should be alright, like dale and irokin said, I think it shouldn't do anything to performance on the server.
<<

brodsterbmx 1.2

Post 26 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

im not sure but if u have a mod on ur game but ur not using it is that ok and also mods like tomany items dont work anyway soo :D no unfair spawning shit and also theres the haker mod :P triky basrared one
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 26 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

2 concerns with installed client mods which are switched off...

1. They are not truly deactivated and are causing extra stress on the server. This isn't as much the case but it is possible.

2. The player will be damn tempted to use the disallowed mod. As long as players realize that "it was an accident" isn't an acceptable excuse for running a disallowed mod. If they don't want to be caught with a screw up like that they need to find a different mod pack where nothing is against the rules here or just do without the things they want to use with the mod pack they have. When in doubt ask. =)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 28 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

<<

shinyclef

Post 25 May 2012, 7:34 pm

I would like to add that there are many other hack/exploit mods out there than are stated in this thread.

We can't list them all, so use your judgement. Don't use anything that we wouldn't like, and if you're not sure if your wanted mod falls into that category, ask first.

Stuff we don't like includes, but is not limited to, mods that enable stuff like:
high jump
no fall damage
water walking
no swing block breaks
pvp advantages
all the common fly,xray,god mods

Don't say we didn't warn you if you get in trouble for unauthorized mod use.
The main point is, and I repeat it for emphasis: If you're unsure if your mod is allowed, ask us first.
<<

krypton3344

Post 24 Dec 2012, 7:19 am

would we be allowed the armor movement mod???

here's a utube vid of it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=balTtw0KvSU
You notice creepers only when they explode!
Next

Return to Support & Protection