Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Killing Wither for Nether star

<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 02 Dec 2013, 12:27 am

Re: Killing Wither for Nether star

100k is far too much. Compare it to the price of diamonds. One diamond is roughly say $250 these days? Soo if my maths is correct around 400 diamonds is worth one nether star? I know i wouldnt be willing to mine out 400 diamonds to obtain a nether star..
If any of you guys watch the mindcrackers, SethBling sells beacons in his shop for 21 diamonds if that's anything to go by. And even the other players think thats expensive. But i understand they are very hard to find so that price is probably reasonable, as you said General. :)

I like your idea ryder, setting permissions only to the nether. That world isnt looking its best anyway and griefing is allowed (i think..?used to be). And thres not much out there to be destroyed anyway. The shop selling them is also agreat idea, but im thinking that could take away the fun of getting one, as you guys have already gone to the trouble of collecting all the heads.:)

Either way i agree if there is a way to do it!

(Sorry if theres any typos,on my phone)
Tea, Admin of Roly's Minecraft Server.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 02 Dec 2013, 1:03 am

Mingjetan wrote:We could have a wither fighting arena made out of bedrock at /warp pvp? anyone?

Testing was done on the ended dragon and wither. Originally, the wither passed right through bedrock just like the dragon. However, after patches this might have been changed.

Nice suggestion but sadly didn't work out when tested. :( However, it may be possible (if lava hurts the wither) that a wall of thick lava 5-6 blocks thick might be enough to ensure its death when escaping. I may test this one out.

Sadly it won't work with the ender dragon due to his flying speed. A wall of lava would have to be 100 blocks thick. Besides I doubt lava hurts him. Damn.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

huioliver345

Post 02 Dec 2013, 1:18 pm

Genera1007 wrote:I think they are harder to get than nametags and diamond horse armor.

Diamond horse armour I'd say is worth about 2k, and name tags 1k.

I reckon 20k is a fair price for a nether star. :)
<<

Genera1007

Post 02 Dec 2013, 2:51 pm

WARNING: POST CONTAINS MATHS. STUDENTS SHOULD AVOID. GENERAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POST TRAUMATIC STRESS RELATED INJURIES

ILoveYou10 wrote:100k is far too much. Compare it to the price of diamonds. One diamond is roughly say $250 these days? Soo if my maths is correct around 400 diamonds is worth one nether star?

My life revolves around time. Time is money. I work 8 hours a day, and i get paid 8 hours a day. If i work longer, i get paid longer.

I think in the same terms for Minecraft... it has taken me 2 weeks to get the 3 skulls. At a *very* rough conservative estimate, i would say it took me around 1 hour per day... total of 14 hours to get the 3 skulls. I have only ever got 3 skulls once, so i cannot tell if this is a long time, or a short time, and until i find my next 3 skulls, my thoughts on the cost to me is 14 hours. I would not want to sell the nether star it gains me for less, because it would be a loss to me.

From Google (the all great and all knowing, praise be unto his name, for he is wise, and ever listening, his glory surrounds all that we have, and have done. may he live for ever amen), i found the following link...
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... ou-can-min

Using enchanted picks should increase this, I am happy to work on the average of 30 diamond/hour. In 14 horus, i would have found 420 diamonds. 420 * 250 = 105,000.

If my next 3 skulls take less time, i may adjust what i think... (I am building a farm, following instructions ash_tray found... My thoughts on the price will probably drop when i do that)

huioliver345 wrote:
Genera1007 wrote:I think they are harder to get than nametags and diamond horse armor.

Diamond horse armour I'd say is worth about 2k, and name tags 1k.

I reckon 20k is a fair price for a nether star. :)

I see people selling Diamond horse armor for over 20K, and name tags even higher.

(I will concede my price may be too high, it might be between 50K and 75K. I am still thinking about all the time i spent waiting for the wither skeletons.)

Can we experiment with the price of nether star... Can an auction be stared to run over 1 week? Let people interested bid on it, and see what price it sells for :) Add regular messages so that people know it is being auctioned...

EDIT: I think my estimates for diamond are a long way off... my link is not from recent minecraft versions. How much diamond can be mined in an hour?
<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 02 Dec 2013, 6:13 pm

To answer your question. You can get three heads in a few hours if you increase spawn rates. Its imposible to get 400 diamonds in a few hours.
but yes hui, thats probably a reasonable price.. Maybe if we all sell them we could have shops conpeting like the old days ;)
<<

Genera1007

Post 02 Dec 2013, 10:26 pm

ILoveYou10 wrote:Maybe if we all sell them we could have shops conpeting like the old days ;)

If we all sell them, then no-one would need to buy them because they already have them :) And yes, the price would be lower, because the market is flooded with nether stars.

Right now, there is no-one selling them... There are a number of buyers. I am one of those buyers... If someone is selling them for 20K, then i will buy it. No one is selling them for 20K.

I like my other idea.... takes away all the argument about prices for the star....

Have the GM Setup a trade where you exchange three heads (or four heads, if you want to allow for effort to kill wither) for a nether star. This can be done using the existing signshop plugin...
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/si ... ges/signs/ Using 'Trade'

Right now, i can build/create/dig/harvest/grow almost anything except for stars.
<<

xzarahsx

Post 03 Dec 2013, 9:53 am

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE GENERAL! Safe and easy! (Hopefully soon enough we will be able to allow the spawning of withers) I would gladly do the swap if you see me ingame (If the game works) and just ask any other admins online :)
A.A. Milne
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
― A.A. Milne
<<

crusty_krow

Post 03 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm

i could make a mod that overrides the wither AI with pig AI or something.
Image Image
<<

Tea

Game Master

Post 03 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

But you make money out of them.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 04 Dec 2013, 12:04 am

Genera1007 wrote:Have the GM Setup a trade where you exchange three heads (or four heads, if you want to allow for effort to kill wither) for a nether star. This can be done using the existing signshop plugin...
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/si ... ges/signs/ Using 'Trade'

What about Trade in mall, 3 Wither Skeleton skulls + 4 soul sand + a diamond sword. That could work until I can work something better out. *should work

There might be a better idea out there, or plugin already made. (I'll be looking around).

What about that?
PreviousNext

Return to Support & Protection