Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Sheeps

<<

meach51

Post 24 Jul 2013, 6:20 pm

Sheeps

Ok, I mean ships, I was having a senior's humour moment... har har

There are two experimental ships set up as accommodation for new users. The first one is being run down, at /warp ship. The second one (at /warp ship2) is available for Exps and other staff to put new users into, rather like a temp hotel. The cabins have basic stuff in and the users can redecorate, as their region is just the internals.

Please use ship 2 for all new arrivals, ship one will be zapped as soon as two more people have moved ashore.

Cabins have a bed, a chest with some raw food and tools basics, plus a furnace and coal to cook, So they are enough to for a few minecraft days.

The ship has been useful in getting some people a good start on the server. They are both placed in free land, the same as the n,s,e,a and w warps. The difference is that users have somewhere to act as a base. Once established, ppl move off the ship and then migrate to towns, etc. Ill move the ships and tidy up the surrounding area once people have all moved on. This keeps the server nice and tidy.

It's quite likely that we might adapt the strategy and use it somewhere else. Its just that a ship is easily moveable, so i can tidy up afterwards.

Use your judgement whether people just need some space at one of the free warps, or whether they need a cabin. Its an experiment anyway,everyone is different.

Exp's - if you take a user to a ship, find a free cabin then ask mod/admin support for the region (its on a sign by the door) to have the user added as a member. They only need to /sethome in the cabin and /cprivate the doors and they are all comfy :) If everyone is organised, a free cabin will have an unlocked door....

Anyone else is welcome to go have a look, if you want, but the ships are meant to be for new users, so you won't get to live there :) You all got nice houses anyway. Its all protected, so you can't open chests or locked doors.

The idea of the experiment is to see if it benefits new users, or if its not needed. So far 8 people have used cabins, of which 5 have stayed on the server.

Comments and ideas are welcome, I know my ship-building is a bit average, but if you found it useful, please let me know.

meach

Login to remove these ads

<<

Mingjetan

Post 07 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

Re: Sheeps

Can VIPs bring new people to the ship? :lai21:
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

meach51

Post 08 Aug 2013, 4:18 pm

Sure Ming. Just chose an empty cabin, where the doors are not protected, and get the new user to use /cprivate to lock the doors. Then /sethome so they can get back.

They won't be able to open the chests in the cabins, ask a mod to refill and open the chests if needed.

The ship provides very basic shelter, with no mobs. Its just a simple base to get ppl over the first day or two. Ship2 has a walkway and they can build and mine onshore all they want.

Glad to see you helping new ppl and making them welcome on friendly Rolyd mate :)
<<

Mingjetan

Post 08 Aug 2013, 9:22 pm

Just trying to help people out ;) one question what does NEW mean like a player that's been on for a few hours or something?also do you need another ship/building to fit new people? I could help :D
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Return to General Discussion