Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Sunset - New Development

<<

meach51

Post 07 Jun 2013, 12:39 pm

Sunset - New Development

With a lot of help from some of the guys on the server, I've been building a development up in the sky, called Sunset. It's about 200 blocks up and has the most outstanding views of sunset on Rolyd.

It's an experiment, to see how exclusive areas will fare on the server.

(If admin don't like the location, the whole shebang can be w/e easily to somewhere else, please let me know.)

There are only six building lots, each one is 30 by 14, facing west, with fabulous sunset views. The development will never be extended, limiting it to only six lucky people. At this height, the sun sets below the horizon, lighting up the server in a spectacular way. Just the place for an evening party!

There are going to be very strict building regulations, including the prohibition of wood and cobble buildings and exterior torches. The idea is that the place will look really good. Ugly buildings will be demolished, as a condition of sale, which means you will have to rebuild. The server admins will be asked to judge appearance. Only VIP's and above can buy plots.

Basic house building materials are included in chests on the blocks, including stone bricks,stone, glowstone, wood for flooring and so on. Quality building tools are included in the chests, along with some feather fall boots :)

Obviously, there is a limit on height, imposed by MC, but each block has unobstructed sunset views and no-one can build in front of any block. I would imagine that most people will build glass facing the sunset, with a large deck.

The blocks will cost $1 million each. Haven't decided what to do with the money yet, but I won't keep it.

If a non-VIP user has earned a legit $1 million and wants to buy a block, I'll pay for a VIP for them, subject to agreement from server admin.

The admins will be asked to judge the most beautiful house and the lucky winning builder will be refunded the $1 million purchase price as a prize.

Obviously, before the project can start, it needs admin agreement, so I cordially invite views from all and visits from the admin team before the project can be officially launched. Subject to their views, the terms and conditions (or location) may change.

Please let me know what you think guys!

meach

Login to remove these ads

<<

S3xy_Vip3r

Post 07 Jun 2013, 6:52 pm

Re: Sunset - New Development

I would like to add somthing.

Meach and/or staff will not be held responsible for lost of items and/or xp by death of fall damage. Lemurbacon's second edition of Abyss will be sold at the library at /warp sunset for 200 with extra enchanting book. /warp sumset IS NOT a public warp, it is a private warp. You must ask meach to gain permission there.
<<

meach51

Post 08 Jun 2013, 12:29 pm

The sunset blocks will now be sold at $300k.

This is enough to keep the area exclusive, without making it too expensive

Very strict building standards apply, we don't want to live with crappy houses in such an exclusive zone.

Not all offers to buy will be accepted. We are fussy...

VIP's and above only, although I will consider donating for a user who has the cash to buy, to make them into a VIP. This will be subject to a few conditions and is discretionary, as it involves my own real $$

Once all six are sold, that's it. It will stay a small, elite neighbourhood.

Please contact me in game to buy a block, or post here if you can't find me :)

Getvegan now owns Block 1.

Kneesa owns Block 5
<<

meach51

Post 08 Jun 2013, 12:57 pm

Inulover10 Buys at Sunset

Inulover10 is now the proud owner of Sunset Block 4

Welcome neighbour!
<<

meach51

Post 09 Jun 2013, 10:01 am

and 55 now owns block 6....

Two left. Who wants to live next to Vegan?
<<

meach51

Post 09 Jun 2013, 9:21 pm

All Sunset blocks are sold out now, congrats to those who bought, including Diqs and Rocket, who got the last two.

Remember, there is a $300,000 prize for the best house on sunset. I'll ask the nice admin peeps if they can judge tomorrow.

Also, remember your houses are all worth at least $300,000, so you have assets on Rolyd now!

Thanks for joining us at sunset, I'm looking forward to the parties!!!

meach
<<

ImTash

Post 10 Jun 2013, 12:52 pm

Thanks Meach ;) I thought this was a great idea! I especially love the sunset :D I was gonna say party at my house for whoever wins while we watch the sun go down eheh free food too!
<<

kneesa

Post 10 Jun 2013, 1:53 pm

All looking faboulous!!!! Pool is open all welcome to come for a dip :) My vote is currently for the pig ...those lava poles and tiled roof looking good
<<

Post 11 Jun 2013, 7:37 pm

Meach we need more security I think I'm gonna get robed Image
<<

Mingjetan

Post 02 Jul 2013, 10:17 pm

300k!**sigh**probably never earn that money not even In a million years !
:confinishline: inu Is probably RICH!!!!
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

Return to General Discussion