Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

My lag issue :/

<<

2ndmagicalhobo

Post 21 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

My lag issue :/

Guh dunno what the problem is done every thing i can think of. So heres the thing i log on for a few days all good in the hood then after a few it starts to lag pretty badly :/ i know its not the server its my connection. So guys any suggestions tips or tricks you can think of? :dhappytired:

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 21 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm

Re: My lag issue :/

Are you putting the computer to sleep or hibernate or are you doing a proper shutdown? In the support section there is a post on lag. This may help.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

2ndmagicalhobo

Post 21 Apr 2013, 9:13 pm

proper shut down mate. Ill take a look thanks for the info buddy :P

also lag is the reason i dont play as much :/
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 22 Apr 2013, 12:19 am

If you have checked out the lag thread and would still like a bit of help I am more than willing to give you some assistance to help you minimize the issues you've been having. In order to do so I'd need to know a bit about the configuration of your computer. To do this best you'll need to run a Direct X Diagnostic by following the steps below...

1. Open start menu and either click run or in the search bar type the following...
2. type this in the box- dxdiag
3. If a dialogue box pops up about digitally signed drivers just click no. Its not important.
4. On the opening window you'll see an option at the bottom titled, "Save All Info" click this and save the .txt file to your desktop.
5. Open your email and attach the .txt file generated and email it to admin@ohnclan.org
6. All done!

This tells me pretty much everything about how your computer is built and its current running state. I'll be happy to look over this info and give you some insight. =) It would be best if you could do the dx diagnostic soon after it has begun to lag badly for you but do not restart the computer before you run the diagnostic. I will need to see the memory usage report side of things. =)

For Star Trek Online we often get players to send in dx diagnostic info to help us determine faults and help to correct player issues. It is common practice and it DOES NOT send any personal information about you. =)
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

2ndmagicalhobo

Post 22 Apr 2013, 8:53 am

Just sent it through then :)

Return to General Discussion