Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

enderman farm

<<

crusty_krow

Post 12 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

enderman farm

Been working on a enderman farm in the end

after 4-5 hours of work

all build images are here

admins and mods use
  Code:
/region teleport endermantrap
while in the end
Image Image

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 13 Jan 2013, 12:10 am

Re: enderman farm

Just out of curiosity is there a way to shut it off when not attended? I am starting to wonder if such a thing is needed on the server. With people making the hugely efficient farms and massive animal farms for breeding I wonder how much it is lagging the server. Not trying to pick on you crusty, just saying this as a suggestion. I know when I go to a few areas with huge animal populations or spawners it tends to slow the server down a bit.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

crusty_krow

Post 13 Jan 2013, 12:32 am

dale00474 wrote:Just out of curiosity is there a way to shut it off when not attended? I am starting to wonder if such a thing is needed on the server. With people making the hugely efficient farms and massive animal farms for breeding I wonder how much it is lagging the server. Not trying to pick on you crusty, just saying this as a suggestion. I know when I go to a few areas with huge animal populations or spawners it tends to slow the server down a bit.

i have though this out

for one the area is in a unloaded non spawn chunk in the end

players must teleport in and cannot use /sethome in the area (i blocked it)

the only way in is via the command above or a mod/admin that can bypass region flags use and use /sethome

there is no warp atm

i would like to see someone jump across to it since its ~200 blocks away from land

the spawner will auto shut of when all players leave the area (mob spawner chunk)

when not in use the spawner should have 0 effect on server performance other than the extra 2mb of map size that is stored on the servers hard drive

while in use the spawner should have the same effect as any other high performance spawner
Image Image
<<

crusty_krow

Post 13 Jan 2013, 12:35 am

also unlike mob spawner (the block) type grinders this grinder follows the max mob limit of about 100~150 mobs, unlike rmc's sheep farm that totals more than 200-250 sheep because passive mobs dont despawn
Image Image
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 13 Jan 2013, 2:34 am

My point wasn't just this one mate but all the many others around the world. Including farms of hundreds of one or two types of animals in fairly populated areas. Your post just made me think of it.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Return to Screenshots