Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

For the Survivalist in us all.

<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

For the Survivalist in us all.

I constantly see this server being advertised as a survival server but in reality it leans towards the creative side of MineCraft.
I know people enjoy this a lot and so do I but I hope to propose a new area to reintroduce survival back in to this server.

It's a very simple idea and many creative servers already have them.

I writing to suggest an area roughly 2kmx2km. Inside this area is nothing special except the way you play the game will be different.
-There is no privatisation of land.
-PVP is active.
-Mobs are active.
-Griefing is completely tolerated.
-All spawn/warp commands are deactivated.
-All door and chest locking is disabled. (basically all commands are disabled)
-Mods, Admin and VIP have their god mode disabled.

Basically it's an all out survival area with no rules and everyone is on equal ground. Sure, you can bring in loot from the outside world, but don't sook when I kill you and take it.
This area is for people who truly want to play a survival scenario. Build traps to kill fellow players, build your dream cabin; but don't go crying when another player finds it and takes it all., or worse, sets up a pitfall trap right at your doorstep.

I have thought up a quick pros and cons list.

Pro's.
-Very little work for Admins. Once the zone is set up everything inside will be self regulating.
-Gives versatility to the server.
-Opportunity to build traps in an area where people can't complain about it.
-Possible alliances to make survival a bit easier.

Cons
-With our generally younger demographic I can see a few fights starting. Things along the lines of "He tricked me and stole my stuff blah blah blah"
-May take a while for people to warm up to the idea of losing valuable loot, but I'm sure it will be popular in the end.

Please leave comments below. I have left out bits and pieces so please ask questions as you feel necessary.

Regards,

Kevin.

Login to remove these ads

<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

Re: For the Survivalist in us all.

I'm going to add a few more things, I don't think I put the idea across very well.

This won't be an area for large cities that draw attention to themselves. It's more for small, hidden and isolated safe-houses.
You will have to decide whether it's safer to carry your items on you so as to avoid leaving them unguarded back at base or leave your things in a hidden chest somewhere so if you do die your loss is minimal.

Because there are no spawns in or out of the area it will require a bit more foot work. The mobs will make this harder for you.
I'm not sure if it's possible but if Creepers are able to be given their explosive ability back just for this area, that would be great.

I remember playing MineCraft for the first time and night time scared the absolute crap out of me. The sounds all the creatures made, especially that creeper as you knew your wall was about to be obliterated.

Again, please leave questions and thought out critiques.

Kevin.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

I actually like this idea. It really wouldn't be too hard to setup without creation of another world. All it could be done with plugins. We could section off an area on the map easily enough for those who wish a bit more of a challenge. As long as people realize that players enter at their own risk and the area will be completely under their control without admin intervention of any kind. Its not too hard to take the "Not our problem" stance when it comes to the area. Blizzard does it all the time. lol
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

darkrai202

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

haha I love this idea!
don't judge me but I'd kill you all :p not sure how other players would like that haha! joking
<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

Well said, Dale.

You seem to have gotten my point.
The whole idea is meant to be simplistic and self regulating. There would be proper signs to warn people of the area they are entering and that everything that happens inside is out of Admins hands.
<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

darkrai202 wrote:haha I love this idea!
don't judge me but I'd kill you all :p not sure how other players would like that haha! joking

Darkrai, I would make it my personal mission to hunt you down haha but all in good fun.
<<

darkrai202

Post 19 Mar 2012, 6:03 pm

haha! well i'l build a fort of dirt and you can't stop me then!
<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 6:08 pm

darkrai202 wrote:haha! well i'l build a fort of dirt and you can't stop me then!

Dirt?! Such an unholy building instrument.
haha I can see this being a lot of fun.

This is how I see the area being layed out.

x= privatised area
o= Survival area.

xxxxxxxxxx
xoooooooox
xoooooooox
xoooooooox
xoooooooox
xxxxxxxxxx

Obviously not to scale

You get the general idea. The privatised surrounding it to accommodate a fence of some sort to prevent people running straight out of the area or accidently stumbling across it and being mauled by the vicious Darkrai.
<<

Ke6n

Post 19 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

Also, we should call the area The Badlands.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 19 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

The badlands...lovin' it.

I'd mine obsidian like no other and make an underground hidden shelter with it. We could make it so items can't be brought in or taken out.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
Next

Return to Suggestions