Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Players controlling time.

<<

huioliver345

Post 14 Aug 2013, 11:08 pm

Players controlling time.

Sometimes I find it annoying when someone just says "day pls" and a Vip with /day makes it day, just as I was getting ready to go out monster hunting, or we was all just watching the nice sunset, to then have it ruined, etc.

I think that the ability for anyone to control time via the sign shops near the spawn, or the Vip's /day command, should be removed completely. It will make the server more survival, and the fact that a persons choices about changing time, effects everyone in that world, to some peoples disliking.

Login to remove these ads

<<

meach51

Post 14 Aug 2013, 11:11 pm

Re: Players controlling time.

Good point hui, the server is always blinking day/night on/off, can be very frustrating. What does everyone else think?
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 15 Aug 2013, 12:16 am

I propose a compromise...

1. Removing of the day/night cycle switch in game.

(This next one may not be easy...)

2. Making it so a VIP can only switch day and night once per 24 hours. Maybe an upgrade option on donation packs to twice for an additional $3.

This still allows for the "wow" factor on select donation packs thus aiding in donations and...limit the impact on the community. I'd hate to say a suggestion should be all or none. Then again not even sure how much of an opinion Roly has either.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

Rydero1

Post 15 Aug 2013, 12:26 am

Hey all, i was browsing a server last week, and on that server they had the /day command, but instead of it instantly changing the time, it worked on a voting system. So a player would request it to be day and a onscreen message would pop up and say "do you vote for day ?" and you would type "y" or "no" . Majority rules etc.
Sorry i don't know the name of the plugin, but this could be an option maybe !

i agree with huioliver345, it can be annoying sometimes when you want it to be dark/night and someone just makes it day on you. At least people should ask 1st if anyone objects to it being day.
<<

Mingjetan

Post 18 Aug 2013, 8:50 pm

I usually ask if anyone minds if I make it Day/Night :con25:
Need some building tips? Just message me in game! I'll be more than happy to help :)

<<

huioliver345

Post 21 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

dale00474 wrote:2. Making it so a VIP can only switch day and night once per 24 hours. Maybe an upgrade option on donation packs to twice for an additional $3.

I think that is a very good idea, it indeed keeps a little "wow" factor to the server. I was never too sure about the thought of removing the Vip's /day command. However, I can only imagine how difficult it might be to put into the server. Another thing added to shinyclef's to-do list!
Right after we donate to him for the amount of hard plugin work he does for the server.
<<

meach51

Post 21 Aug 2013, 11:02 pm

Shiny does do a fantastic job, so nice to see someone acknowledging him :) He's not only a genius, but has put a huge number of hours and endless enthusiasm into the server..

We love shiny! yay!
<<

shinyclef

Post 22 Aug 2013, 12:04 am

T_T ty Hui and Meach.
It doesn't sound like an overly complicated task.
How about: Once you use 'day', you can't use it again for the next X hours? Maybe 20 hours? The amount of time can vary.
Doing it like this is not difficult and will take me like an hour end to end.
<<

LeftSpineDwn

Post 22 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

just to add the topic, we did used to have a ticket system that allowed you to buy tickets, which in return allowed you to change it to day or night. im sure shiny could create a basic ticket system to allow players to change time.
<<

rolyd90

Game Master

Post 22 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

huioliver345 wrote:It will make the server more survival, and the fact that a persons choices about changing time, effects everyone in that world, to some peoples disliking.
This is exactly what I think.

dale00474 wrote:1. Removing of the day/night cycle switch in game.
This would solve the problem, but not sure what everyone thinks, It would make it more survival like what I'm all for. :mine8-):

dale00474 wrote:2. Making it so a VIP can only switch day and night once per 24 hours. Maybe an upgrade option on donation packs to twice for an additional $3.
Might be able to save shiny some work with this bukkit plugin Command Cooldown,

huioliver345 wrote:but instead of it instantly changing the time, it worked on a voting system. So a player would request it to be day and a onscreen message would pop up and say "do you vote for day ?" and you would type "y" or "no" . Majority rules etc.
This could work, I've seen similar systems where players vote for maps before the game ends etc. But I'd need to find/see how it works :mine-P:. I wouldn't want it to pop up every few mins, saying "do you want to change it to day." could be spammy?

LeftSpineDwn wrote:im sure shiny could create a basic ticket system to allow players to change time.
:mine-D: haha shiny can make anything! but it is totally up to him if he wants to create something or not, otherwise ill try to work it out.

What do you all think, would it be more fun without the day/night commands. Make the server more survival like or would you like to make it so, you can only use the /day command every 12 hours or so.

I'm undecided as of yet, but yeah that's my thoughts so far. :mine-):
Next

Return to Suggestions