Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Players controlling time.

<<

huioliver345

Post 22 Sep 2013, 4:11 pm

Re: Players controlling time.

Well me and shiny had a little talk about this last night. Just like in a normal single player survival world, many of us might not like night time, with all the monsters and etc. and so we make a bed and use that to skip night time. So changing the time to day all the time isn't that un-survivaly at all.

Shinyclef thought of a voting system similar to what Ryder mentioned, where a player types a command, /voteday or something, to put out a vote to make it day, without broadcasting anything in the public chat to avoid as much spam as possible. And so the player might say "Hey lets make it day please" and those who want it to become day can use /voteday, and with enough votes it will become day. But if more people vote to keep it night, or if not enough people vote for day, to hunt monsters or etc., it will stay night.
Not a bad idea in my opinion.

Login to remove these ads

<<

Rydero1

Post 22 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

In my opinion i don't think players controlling time is too much of a problem. Yes it can be annoying sometimes, but it doesn't warrant the need to implement a plugin for it.

Lets just say that the plugin you mentioned above was implemented, how would that work between worlds. For example I live in Atlantis world, if i wanted it day i would /voteday but most players are in Main world, so it wouldn't concern them.

I like the /day option you get with VIP donation packages, it's part of the reason i get it all the time. It is a major selling point to the packages. If the /day perk was removed, wouldn't that lower the appeal of the packages ? The donation packs need to remain compelling so people keep buying them.
Donation packs help keep the server running.

My vote is to keep things the way it is, because the other options suggested seem not so good.
Lets keep the light shining please :dsunny:
<<

huioliver345

Post 23 Sep 2013, 12:57 am

Hmm, I agree. Forgot about Atlantis :P
I guess it isn't enough of a problem to sacrifice a good selling point to the donation packages.
<<

NZ_Nightwolf

Post 25 Sep 2013, 9:18 am

/day, Only useable once per 24 hours by a VIP with the donation pack. Signs, can only be used by a person once every 48 hours, and maybe put the price up. I enjoy night and day as much as the next person, but sometimes it's fun to go hunting :)
<<

blitzthebetawolf

Post 06 Oct 2013, 4:33 pm

I agree with NZ_nightwolf. Place signs, prices goes up and restriction on the amount of time it can be used. Some VIP people I know had a war against each other and just ended up spamming day and night. So whether we have the voting system or not, still would get spammy either way...
Happy to help anyone in need.
Previous

Return to Suggestions