Home     About     Command List     Rules     Forums     Donate     Maps     Contact Us

Temple of The Gods Community Challenge

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 28 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm

Temple of The Gods Community Challenge

Behold Rolyd.com players! Dale is returning. As a result I will be working on two major projects. One of which is the completion of /warp pvp. The other is a massive challenge detailed below...

Challenge: A new expansion opening inside a hidden area of the Temple. A single player will be given the opportunity to light a hidden beacon to the heavens known as "The Light of the Guardian."

How you ask? Well I can't tell you. That is the challenge. However, this thread will be updated with a couple of clues. Once per week, until the new area is opened in mid-February. Each clue is taken from the Hanu` archives and is based upon a history of the temple. This will be a -very- skillful challenge as only one single player will ever be able to light the beacon in the entire history of Rolyd.com. That player will also find their name magically appear upon a plaque located deep within the recesses of the Temple for all time. Untold riches will also be bestowed upon that single player.

Your quest begins here...

"Follow water's edge to find the sacred word. A path before the traveler awaits. Deep within the earth the blade rests. The path walked will lead the traveler beyond the walls, moving deeper to a true resting place. A valley underground pushes forth beyond a hall of giants. Life, between the iron, colorful as the daylight sky, shall lay the path to my bloodline. Above a still water two brothers stand apart.

This series of passages have been arranged in order to help each player along. Half of this journey is already open to explore. However, you'll have to wait for the remaining to open for this quest. Get a head start and see if you can follow the path. It will not be easy.
-Dale :moderator:In-game admin/GM

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.

Login to remove these ads

<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 31 Jan 2014, 11:17 am

Re: Temple of The Gods Community Challenge

In order to allow sufficient time to complete the PvP overhaul project this contest will be opening this Friday night at midnight. Well ahead of schedule after much hard work. The following is a list of passages to help find the quest ending. More clues can be found on random signs inside the temple. Those will be added tonight.

"Under the Goddess' light he rests. Near the point shrouded in darkened slumber. The vigilant climbs high upon a stone to bring light beneath the starry sky. "

Refuge: n. That which shelters or protects from danger or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy.
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 01 Feb 2014, 9:19 am

Event postponed until tonight at midnight due to power outage at my place this not allowing me to open things up.

Sorry about this.

<<

jay9519

Post 02 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

can't wait for the server to come back online so I can go on the adventure :)
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Feb 2014, 8:43 am

Just to give a summary of the loot for completing the quest...

1 Antonia's Bow - extremely powerful bow. Increased damage, fire damage and two other maxed effects. It is as close to a single shot kill bow (players) as you can get. Up until now it's only been available to staff.

$100,000 to player account

1 Builders Rock Hammer - very powerful pick. One of the most powerful in game. Capable of breaking stone faster than creative mode.

<<

jay9519

Post 06 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

im guessing this is not the correct beacon to light?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 06 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm

Wow jay you found that quick. Jay is the winner!

Next time I see you in game I will grant you your items. Your money prize will be credited as soon as I am in game tonight.

Hmmm going to have to step up my game with the next challenge with you guys. BTW...

Tonight the weekly quiz event comes back!

<<

jay9519

Post 07 Feb 2014, 2:16 am

thank you :)
<<

dale00474

Game Master

Post 07 Feb 2014, 6:39 am

Money credited.

Just waiting to see you to give you the items.

EDIT: ITEMS CREDITED 17/02/14

Contest officially closed. Thanks for playing.

Return to Events